Quest Conference Center
Quest Conference Center: Meeting Spaces in Columbus Ohio
You have picked the right place for your team’s next meeting space! Quest Conference Center is committed to creating a professional conference and event atmosphere, providing the highest quality customer service, and promoting the success of all events that we host. Our meeting spaces include options for small business conferences, seminars, and team building events, but we are also large enough to host job fairs and trade shows. Our largest meeting space is the Columbus Meeting Room, which can accommodate an assembly of up to 375 guests!Quest has the meeting space for anyone and is one of the largest conference halls in North Columbus Ohio!
Upcoming Events at Quest Conference Center
Past Events at Quest Conference Center
Seeking Direct Sellers, Business Owners & Crafters!Women’s Shopping Expo ColumbusSaturday, February 22, 202010 AM – 4 PMQuest Conference Center8405 Pulsar PlaceColumbus, OHhttps://www.facebook.com/events/612401552568704/Confirmed Vendors:Color Street – Desiree WeaverLulaRoe – Erica PardoMary Kay – Marcia CookeOhio Bath Solutions, LLC DBA Bath FittersPaparazzi – Kimberly MelanconScentsy – Tawana BlackSeneGence – Julie RussellRequest an application at [email protected]
Tags: Women’s Shopping Expo Columbus, OH
GROWING ROOTS AND RIGHTS FOR JUST COMMUNITIES CONFERENCE – REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
PLEASE JOIN US:
The Ohio Community Rights Network is hosting an all-day conference for bringing together people with diverse issues from across the state to discover common origins and explore systemic solutions. We’ll examine social, political, and environmental challenges that prevent Ohioans from creating the just communities they envision, and what people can do to overcome those challenges.
YOU WILL LEAVE WITH:
• A deeper understanding of how our legal and governing structures are designed to oppress and keep us from getting what we want in our communities
• Discovery of connections between issue-specific and community rights concepts
• Networking with social, political, and environmental groups from across Ohio
• Tools and inspiration to drive forward systemic change, echoing activists in abolition, suffrage, and Civil Rights
KEYNOTE ADDRESSES BY:
• Melina Abdullah, Ph.D., a nationally recognized expert on race, gender, class, and social movements, Chair of Pan African Studies at California State University, Los Angeles and co-founder of the Los Angeles chapter of Black Lives Matter
• Mari Margil, MPP, a leader of the International Center for the Rights of Nature, an expert on the right of local community self-government, and Associate Director of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF)
BREAKOUT COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS:
• Safe Communities – Melina Abdullah and Chad Nicholson, PA CELDF Organizer will discuss issues such as gun violence, police accountability, racial/ethnic profiling, and mass incarceration.
• Fair Communities – TBA and Ben Price, CELDF National Organizing Director will discuss issues such as living wage vs minimum wage, worker rights, predatory lending and “right to work.”
• Just Communities – Bob Fitrakis, Columbus Free Press and Susie Beiersdorfer, Youngstown State Geology Professor and President of the National Community Rights Network will discuss issues such as fair and free elections, gerrymandering, money in politics, and the right to citizen-led initiative.
• Healthy Communities – Kevin O’Donnell, Ohio Organizing Collaborative, Saraquoia Bryant, President of Grassroots Ohio and Tish O’Dell, OH CELDF Organizer will discuss issues such as recognizing drug use as a public health issue instead of a crime; funding drug treatment instead of incarceration; the role of state preemption in protecting the health of community residents.
• Sustainable Communities – Mike Ferner, founder Advocates for a Clean Lake Erie and Mari Margil will discuss issues such as the protection of water e.g. Lake Erie, private property rights vs rights of nature, and industrial agriculture vs protecting the local environment.
SIGN UP TODAY – LIMITED SEATING!
• Register now – see Ticket info
• $10 registration is required – lunch included
• Tabling, sponsorship, and endorsement opportunities are available
• Ample free parking
• Overnight accommodations within walking distance
• Go to our website for more information or email us at [email protected]
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome and Opening Statements
9:15 – 9:30 Introduction
9:30 -10:30 Keynote Address – Mari Margil
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:00 Breakout Community Conversations
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 1:15 Introduction
1:15 – 2:15 Keynote Address – Melina Abdullah
2:30 – 4:00 Panel Discussion – Making Connections
4:00 – 4:30 Audience Q&A
4:30 – 5:00 Wrap-up
Tags: Just Communities, Community Rights, Conference