Canoeing on the Wapahani River
Upcoming Events at Canoe Country
Past Events at Canoe Country
Sat, Sep 22, 2018 11:00 AM – Sat, Sep 22, 2018 7:00 PM @ Canoe Country
Join the Hoosier Environmental Council for a bicycle adventure–the 4th Annual Ride for the Mounds (Greenway)!
Starting and ending at Canoe Country in Daleville, ride along scenic country roads roughly following the course of the free flowing West Fork White River near potential routes of the Mounds Greenway. See for yourself the existing trails, parks, hardwood forests and wetlands, and historic resources that the Mounds Greenway seeks to conserve and connect.
Anyone who wants to show their support for HEC’s Mounds Greenway Plan to connect Muncie to Anderson, and ultimately, Indianapolis, while preserving the free flowing White River
A scenic bike ride to support the Mounds Greenway, post-ride food, drink, and prize drawing, followed by optional camping and fireside camaraderie along our White River
3 routes for all skill sets with staggered start times:
45 mile ride departs at 12:30 PM
- SAG stop at Greenway 500 Bike Shop right across the street from the Medford Trailhead on the Cardinal Greenway
- 45 mile ride route map
- Will be marked with orange arrows
- Please note that on-pavement markings are not allowed on the White River and Cardinal Greenway portions of this route which will instead be marked with staked signs.
25 mile ride departs at 1:45 PM
- SAG stop at Kirk’s Bike Shop in Muncie (off the corner of Jackson and Walnut)
- 25 mile ride route map
- Will be marked with yellow arrows
- Please note that on-pavement markings are not allowed on the White River Greenway portion of this route which will instead be marked with staked signs.
15 mile ride departs at 2:15 PM
- Mobile support provided by Pro Bikes, Ltd.
- 15 mile ride route map
- Will be marked with green arrows
Saturday, September 22, 2018 (check-in begins at 11:00 AM)
All rides start and finish at Canoe Country in Daleville: 6660 S Co Rd 900 W, Daleville, IN 47334
Tags: Ride for the Mounds, bicycle ride